Wednesday, January 19, 2011

sasa.com haul : VOV, Shills, Beautymate

I'm going to take a break from posting E.L.F products since my new 'addiction' now is buying asian skincare products. :D Me and the boyfriend have this thing going on where I promised I wouldnt buy anymore makeup products. *cross my fingers*

This is my first order from sasa.com and I got 4 products.



First is

VOV Fresh mini pack in green tea collage. 
There are 7 mini pack 'flavors' available in sasa.com and I got one in green tea. It's a sachet that contains 10 ml of essence so it could be use a couple times. The instruction/ingredient was in korean so I couldnt understand any of it but on the website it says 1. apply on cleansed face 2. wait for 15-20 minutes 3. rinse of with lukewarm water. Soooo I followed the directions and after 20 minutes... My face was really moisturized and slightly brighter than before. YAY
Pros:
-> It cost $1.40
-> plenty of essence for multiple application
-> Result can be seen immediately
-> No strong scent
-> I didnt experience any irritations
Cons:
-> can only be bought online (for those in the US like me)
-> some reviews say that they experience small red bumps after using this
I guess it depends on each individuals skin type, and it's always best to test a small patch of skin before using new products on your entire face.
Would I buy this product again? Yes

Second Product I got

Shills Avocado eye cream.
this was $9.30 relatively cheap compared to some other eye creams I have used. I'm really wary with eye creams since I've only had bad experiences with them. I have tried L'oreal and Bliss all around eye cream and it was baaad. L'oreal always made my eyes feel heavy? I feel that it was too thick for me, it never gave me any result, and if I use it at night I would always wake up with some sticky residue. blah!  Bliss all around eye cream at first looked promising but then after 3 days I noticed that the skin around my eyes have this little bumps, and the tingling sensation when applied started burning. I guess I have really sensitive skin?
I have been using Shills avocado eye cream everyday since I got it (2 weeks now) and I havent had any bad experience with it yet.
Pros:
-> eye area became moisturized
-> makeup application stayed and did not crease
-> eye area looked brighter
Cons:
-> I think this is always a con for me but yes, it can only be bought online.
-> I didnt see much improvement with my dark circles. (this is different from looking brighter)
Would I buy this again? I really like this eyecream because it is so far the only eye cream that I am compatible with. so Yes.

Last is the Beauty Mate Nano Eye mask, I dont know what happened to the picture I took but its gone, so I'm just going to get the picture from the website.

Beauty Mate Nano Eye Mask Bright Up.
This is usually out of stock on the website, One box contains 7 pairs and cost $6.50, this is myy favorite among all the products I bought. I have used this product 3x now and have always love the result. You leave it on for 15-20 minutes and after removing you can see the result right away. My eyes looked so much brighter, dark undereye were lighter, and the skin texture improve a lot. I'm not going to do the pros and cons to this because we all know what the cons would be. I hate paying for shipping and not seeing the products personally.
All these products can be bought at www.sasa.com, shipping is 6$, unless you buy $75 worth of products then shipping is free.

People have a love/hate relationship with sasa, some say they receive their products 2 months later, or that some products were not carefully wrapped. while some have no problem with their shipping speed at all. For me I have no complains with their shipping speed. I placed my order on Dec 08 2010, received a dispatch notification on the 22nd checked with the tracking and was dispatched from Hong Kong on the 25th. (which I understand because it is the holidays) and Received my products on January 3 2011. total of 9 days all the way from Hong kong to Florida. I have recently placed another order from sasa 2 days ago and received a dispatch notification today so for me shipping is fast. hmm? 

No comments: