Friday, April 8, 2011

Comparison: cream eyeliner ( Wet N Wild vs. E.L.F. )



Wet N Wild mega eyes creme eyeliner in black

On their website the description is "The precision of a liquid liner with the ease of a cream application, this velvet-rich eyeliner provides long-lasting definition in a waterproof formula. Easy-to-use brush included" There are 2 colors available online: Black and Eggplant, but so far I've only seen black in the stores nearby. 


E.L.F. studio cream eyeliner in coffee

On their website the description is "Creates smooth lines that are defined and precise. Smudge-proof, budge-proof and water-resistant coverage for all day wear to combat against, sweat, tears and rain! Slanted Eyeliner Brush included!" there are 8 colors available online: metallic olive, copper, gunmetal, purple, coffee, black, midnight, and ivory. 

read more


It took me a while to find the Wet N Wild eyeliner since buying online was not a choice, there's no CVS near my place, and the Walmart I go to is always out of stock. Luckily during one of my 2 am visits to Walmart they just restocked this product. (It was a worthwhile ice cream trip! :D) If im not mistaken I bought this for around $5. It didnt advertise waterproof or smudgeproof but ehh I just had the urge to try this thing out. The brush that came with it was a little too 'cheap' for my liking, it was big and scratchy. So I just use my regular eyeliner brush to apply this product, a few strokes and voila. I really didnt expect it to stay put all day, so I was a little suprised when I got home and it looked exactly the same as when I applied it. no smudging, no fading. Best part about the suprise is that it is waterproof! The only way I get it completely removed is by using my neutrogena makeup remover, and a bunch of swabs. I love this product, and wish they make more colors.


Next is the E.L.F. studio cream eyeliner, The time I bought this online, black was out of stock so I got coffee and purple instead. I gave the purple to my sister so I didnt get a chance to swatch it, but I did swatch coffee below. 
Compared to the wet n wild eyeliner, this cost $3 and since I used a 50% off studio line the time I ordered I got this for only $1.50. how cheap is that? Unlike wet n wild this does advertise smudge proof and water resistant, but does it really?



wet n wild(black)/E.L.F.(brown) swatched.//// sprayed with water //// rubbed and dried off.

From the photo above, you can see that both products are water-proof and smudge proof. They were both applied using the brushes that came with it.

Comparison Wet N Wild-E.L.F.
> Color: 1 or 2 lines using wet n wild is enough since the color is bold while
it takes more strokes for E.L.F. to evenly apply, and for the color to be bold.

> Consistency: Wet n Wild is thicker thus bolder lines, while E.L.F. is a tad too creamy which makes it hard to evenly apply right away.

> Time: Wet n Wild dries up fast so it is hard to make a mistake with lining while the E.L.F. liner takes time to dry.

> Packaging: both came in a plastic container, and I like them both.

Both cream liners are good, and if I were to choose of course I'd get the wet n wild. But color wise, E.L.F has more colors and it is easier to buy. (online/target) 

A recent discovery about the staying power of the Wet n Wild liner is that even after I took a shower and scrubbeeeeeeeed my arm, the line is still on my arm. Seriously, makeup remover is the only thing that completely wipes it off. 


No comments: