Thursday, March 10, 2011

ELF Review: Complexion Perfection/ Golden Bronzer/ Contouring blush and bronzing powder

I really tried, but I just cannot stop purchasing cosmetics. It also does not help that Target carries ELF lines. I've been addicted to their cosmetic line ever since I discovered them, truly affordable and some of their products really do work out great for me. Their website also has promos going on everyday which means more products = lest cost. :D




Studio line: Complexion Perfection

On the website it says "Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out the skin tone and absorbs excess oil. The sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin. The colors are meant to be blended together as the Blue neutralizes orange, the Green neutralizes red, the Pink neutalizes grey and the Yellow brightens and neutralizes red. "

Mattes? Yes, but brighten and neutralize? uhm... not really. I dont often use this because of the fact that it makes my already pale skin look more ghostly, and I'm not really fond of matte. It should be a great powder for those oily skin type, and to those who likes matte.

Would I buy this again? No


Studio Line: Golden Bronzer

I picked this up when I was in Target shopping for sweets, there are 3 shades available: warm, cool, and golden. I picked up Golden since it was the only shade available at the time.

On the website it says "Create a healthy looking glow all year round! The sheer soft powders provide the perfect hue of color. Blend all 4 colors together to achieve a blend of perfection or choose your favorite color or colors to mix, match and blend. 
Warm Bronzer- The warm shimmer that will bring a glow to your face. Ideal for summer or year-round.
Cool Bronzer- The ideal selection of matte colors to achieve a natural looking tan. Ideal for winter or year-round.

Golden Bronzer- An illuminating shimmer that is subtle and radiant. Ideal for summer or year-round. "

It's very subtle and gives me a radiant look, exactly what it says on the website.

Would I buy this again? Yes, and I'd also buy the other 2.


Studio Line: Contouring Blush & Bronzing powder.

On the website it says "Create a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition."

The blush I use almost everyday now, it gives my cheeks a really pretty rosy glow, just enough to look natural. While the bronzer is too dark for my liking.

Would I buy this again? For the blush, I would.

Another photo of the Contouring Blush & Bronzing powder


This was taken at night with the flash. Closest shade of the actual product.


No comments: