Monday, September 19, 2011

E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick

Last time I ordered from eyeslipsface.com was supposed to be just for my cousin and sister but I just can't help myself and I ended up purchasing more products for myself. (T▽T) cheap makeup is addicting.




Cool Coral, Runaway pink, and natural nymph.



These lipsticks arrived packaged in a cardboard box, with visible color outside/ the color outside looks misleading don't they?



L-R: Natural Nymph, Runaway Pink, Cool Coral

I know that swatches online are different from the actual product but cool coral was something I didn't expect. Looking at the swatches online cool coral was the most orangey but it looks closer to red than orange.

and swatches....
L-R: Natural Nymph, Runaway Pink, Cool Coral

so I guess on my swatches Cool Coral has a orangey undertone but still I was hoping for closer to orange. (* ̄m ̄) 


so on the website it says:  "Now you can hydrate your lips and get a lasting soft color naturally! This nourishing blend of exotic oils, natural waxes, vitamins and plant extracts create the perfect moisturizing formula. The sleek lipstick has superior color payoff, glides easily onto lips, and is long wearing. Lips stay perfectly hydrated and soft throughout the day for no fuss, lip loving happiness. All our mineral makeup is 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.
" - eyeslipsface.com

Pros:
-> Pigmentation is good (similar to NYX round lipstick)
-> color is buildable
-> creamy (again similar to NYX's but not too creamy)
-> Affordablity (cost $5 each)
-> Not drying
-> does not have a weird lipstick taste
-> No chemical etc. 

Cons:
-> Last 3-4 hours (or as long as you do not eat/drink)
-> Availability (can only be purchased online)
-> Color OL is different from actual shade.

Aside from the shade Cool Coral, I was happy with my lipstick purchase.

4 comments:

herroyalbleakness said...

Paige, thank you for your prayers :) i appreciate it soooo much

(im sorry my comment reads spammy on this wonderful makeup review)

Paige said...

I'm glad to see your dad is better now. :) 
and pssh dont worry about it

ChiChi81 said...

Awww... I was hoping these can be bought in stores :( Been a fan of E.L.F. for sometime now cuz it's a cheap yet reliable product. And yeah, OL swatches are definitely not that accurate, I read somewhere before that the lipstick reacts to our skin's acid/base balance, something to that effect.

Cheers,WiA Single Girl's Musings

Rahel Stephanie said...

Hi there! Fabulous blog!
I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog for accessories worth $100 right now, so I'd really hope you'd give it a look right here!!

http://www.rahelrahelrahel.com/2011/10/giveawaymoxiechick-nyc.html

Cheers!

Rahel