Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Comparison: NYX Eyebrow Gel, Makeup for ever Aqua Brow, Anastasia Dipbrow



I am not exactly sure when NYX released these new eyebrow gels, but looking around online and seeing no reviews about it yet, I am assuming that these are newly released products.


I just bought the NYX eyebrow gel earlier today and so I still haven't fully tested the product, but I thought I'd do a quick comparison between the NYX eyebrow gel, the makeup for ever aqua brow and the anastasia dipbrow. 

The NYX eyebrow gel retails for $6.99 in store at Ulta. This comes in 5 shades: Blonde, Chocolate, Brunette, Espresso, and Black. 

The Makeup For Ever aqua brow retails for $20 in Sephora. This comes in 7 shades: 10 light blonde, 15 blonde, 20 light brown, 25 ash, 30 dark brown, 35 taupe, and 40 brown black.

The Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade retails for $18 in Sephora. This comes in 5 shades: Blonde, Auburn, Dark Brown, Chocolate and Ebony.

L-R: NYX eyebrow gel in Espresso and Brunette, MUFE 25 ash



The NYX eyebrow gel and the MUFE aqua brow both comes in a squeeze tube, they are both pigmented and only a small amount of product is needed for a full application. The only thing different between the two is that the NYX eyebrow gel is so much thinner and runnier in consistency. see below 


I normally shake the tube before opening and this was a mistake, brunette spilled all over, and so I was careful on opening espresso but no mess there. *whew*

L-R: NYX in Espresso, Anastasia Dipbrow in dark brown, MUFE in 25 Ash, NYX in Brunette
without flash
with flash

 The MUFE is the quickest to dry and set, The Anastasia a bit longer that the MUFE one but still as quick, and the NYX taking the longest time to set. 

They all pretty much work the same way, and they all take time and practice to perfect. The only major difference I can think of is the price differences and the color selection. 

But I do think that the NYX might be a bit better for beginners since price-wise this is a lot cheaper than the other two and that because there is time to correct your mistakes before it fully sets. Once they set though it is completely water-proof and budge-proof. 

I will update this post more in the future as I test the product longer




2 comments:

saucyfbaby said...

i've been wanting to try the mufe aqua brow for the longest , but it looks like the nyx version is very similar , so i'll be on the lookout for that .



thank you for doing a comparison !


––– nicole

Angie said...

Thank you so much for the comparison! I'll definitely be giving NYX a try :)